Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm a Blackberry.. I'm an Exchange Server with Active Sync

I though it to be appropriate to continue my blog this morning with the same story I left off on last April. Research In Motion (RIM) has announced yet another outage that left users in North America without service. The second such outage in 2 weeks.

I have been using ActiveSync with my Windows Smartphone for well over a year without any major issues. Activesync is built into Exchange Server 2000/2003 and 2007. I wonder why companies opt for Blackberries? Devices are more expensive, the Enterprise Server carries a heavy price tag, and you have no control over the network. With Palm's introduction of the Treo 755p, they have included ActiveSync capabilities with their VersaMail application which runs on the PALM OS.. So those of us who are not completely comfortable with the Windows version can now get the same functionality as Blackberry users...

No comments: